January 25, 2022
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
New Frontiers in Psychedelics and Mental Health, Allison Feduccia, PhD
What are psychedelics? Why are they under investigation for treating mental health conditions? How are psychedelic-assisted therapies administered and what does the research tell us?
Join for a presentation to discover how psychedelic-assisted therapies are delivered in clinical trials to treat mental health conditions. You will learn the key facts on how MDMA, psilocybin, and ketamine work in the body and how these substances are combined with therapeutic approaches. Become knowledgeable on clinical protocols, safety and efficacy results, study participant accounts, and potential risks in both medical and non-medical settings. You will explore different therapeutic approaches for ketamine and those under investigation for MDMA and psilocybin treatments.Register Now
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the history of psychedelics from their discovery to modern-day psychiatric uses
- Describe how psychedelics (MDMA, psilocybin, and ketamine) work in the brain and body to induce psychological and physiological effects
- Discuss the safety profile of common psychedelics in both medical and non-medical contexts
- List contraindicated medical conditions and medications for psychedelic use
- Describe clinical uses of psychedelics including protocols, routes of administration, dosing, and therapeutic frameworks
- Explain the state of clinical research on MDMA, psilocybin, ketamine, and other psychedelic compounds for psychiatric indications
- Summarize how clinicians deliver psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and outcomes in clinical trials
Continuing Education Information
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Mental Health Training Programs is approved by the California Psychological Association, Office of Professional Development, to sponsor continuing professional education for psychologists in California. The California Psychological Association is authorized by the Board of Behavioral Sciences to approve continuing education providers. The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Mental Health Training Programs maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Mental Health Training Programs designate this live activity for 3 hours continuing education credits for the above-identified licensed professionals
Registration is closed for this event.