Roseville is a northern suburb of Sacramento. Sacramento was named America’s most diverse city by Time Magazine in 2002. In 2018 Sacramento was ranked 6th most diverse large city in the country. Given Roseville’s proximity to Sacramento, Roseville has the benefit and feel of a large diverse city, while still offering the best of a suburban city, including world dining, arts, retail.
We serve more than 665,000 KP members in Roseville and Sacramento Areas (or more than 875,000 in greater Sacramento.
Members of BAPIC
The North Valley Way focuses on (1) providing value to our patients; (2) engaging all physicians and staff in working toward our shared purpose; and (3) encouraging problem solving by physicians and staff who know and do the work. The focus on value to the patient includes removing redundant steps and variation, so we can provide the “Best Care, Every Patient Every Time.”
This is our “True North,” and we share this mission and vision as a department with our North Valley Medical Center. We also share the organization’s mission statement: “to be the best place to work and the best place to receive care.” As a training team we are proud to have this be our guide in all we do.
- The Roseville training program is part of the North Valley Service Area. We are the largest service area in Northern CA – caring for over six-hundred-thousand patients last year, with approximately 10% receiving mental health services. As a result, we serve a very diverse group of patients, which greatly enhances clinical training opportunities.
- We are very proud of our “Academic Family Tree.” Our very first practicum student returned to complete her postdoctoral residency with our team, and she was just hired on as full-time staff! Many of our current clinical supervisors are also former postdoctoral residents.
- Our medical center is planning to open a Family Medicine Residency Program and a Psychiatry Medical Residency Program, which will allow increased focused on integrated care training for our psychology residents.
Qualities we seek in our trainees is a desire to learn from some of the best psychologists in the area, a flexible style that allows one to pivot and be part of a team in a large department, the understanding that this training experience is a bridge to your next training step of predoctoral internship, and the ability to embrace work-life balance.
Clinical Service Opportunities
- Assessment-focused clinical interviewing
- Psychological assessment
- Psychological report writing/preparation
- Provision of psychological assessment feedback
- Group Psychotherapy/Psychoeducation Classes (optional)
- Adult Psychological Assessment
- ADHD Assessment
- Diagnostic Clarification
- ASD Assessment (optional)
Location is within the Roseville and Adult Outpatient Clinic
Other clinical sites within the service area:
- Rancho Cordova ASD Clinic
- Roseville Child Outpatient Clinic
- Folsom Adult & Child Outpatient Clinic
- Sacramento Adult & Child Outpatient Clinic
- Downtown Commons Adult & Child Outpatient Clinic
- Lincoln Adult & Family Medicine Clinic
- Sacramento Sports Medicine Clinic
- Direct Patient Care: 12-16 hours
- Individual Supervision: 1 hour
- Group Supervision: 1 hour
- Journal Club and Diversity Conversation: 1 hour
- Indirect Patient Care: (ie, charting): 2-4 hours
1660 E. Roseville Pkwy Suite 100
Roseville, CA 95661
Mandeep Tumber-Bhela, PhD
Training Program Director