East Bay Consortium (Antioch, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton)
Antioch is the Gateway to the Delta, located on the banks of the San Joaquin River in Northern California. Antioch is easily accessible from major cities such as Walnut Creek and Oakland, with a convenient reverse commute that is only about 30 minutes. Antioch is geographically convenient to many parts of the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and the greater Antioch area now has wineries to enjoy fresh local grown wine, and there are hundreds of hiking trails and beautiful bike trails to explore and adventure through. Antioch also enjoys some of the most affordable housing in the Bay Area.
Kaiser Permanente is a primary provider of medical services in this area. Our service area is one of the most diverse communities in the Bay Area, including African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Asian Indian, Latino/a, and Caucasians.
Member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC)
We have a very special clinic within Kaiser. While our clinic has grown exponentially, we have strived to maintain our culture of integration, support and cohesiveness. Clinicians are supported and encouraged to bring innovative ideas and to create new programs to serve our patients.
Our department is comprised of 4 teams: The Adult Team, the Child and Family team, the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), and the Chemical Dependency Services (CDS). Our medical office also offers a Behavioral Medicine Program (BMS). We have a dedicated hospital based mental health team in the Emergency Department at the Kaiser Permanente Antioch Hospital.
- Our clinic staff is full of past residents who wanted to stay and become a part of our clinic.
- Our office is under construction to add even more offices to meet the needs of our rapidly growing clinic.
- While driving to or from work, you will have the frequent opportunity to feel grateful and lucky that you are zooming along in the non-commute direction.
- Lunch time on our beautiful balcony awesome.
Clinical Service Opportunities
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Psychotherapy (child resident only)
- Group therapy/Psychoeducational Classes
- IOP groups
- Psychological Testing
- Adolescent IOP and Adult IOP rotations
- Pediatric Health Psychology
- Antioch Child/Adolescent IOP
- Antioch Adult/Child
- Antioch Adult/Adult IOP
- Direct Patient Care: 20 hours
- Non-Patient Care: 11 hours
- Individual Supervision: 2 hours
- Group Supervision: 2 hours
- Didactic Training: 2 hours
- Assessment Seminar and testing: 2 hours
- Program Evaluation: 1 hour
- Community Benefit Project: 32 hours per year
- Most residents have an eight-hour work day, Monday through Friday.
- No “on call” shifts or weekend work
“My experience as a postdoctoral resident at Antioch was valuable and rewarding in so many ways. I grew as a clinician from the various levels of training, hands on experience with a diverse population and had opportunities to collaborate with other professionals and clinicians. Everyone at the clinic was extremely helpful and friendly and the team I was a part of was a cohesive team. I felt challenged in a good way and feel I have grown in many ways. I would recommend this placement to anyone interested in an enriching experience that will be rewarding!”
“I chose to apply to Kaiser for Residency and additional clinical training because of the breadth of opportunities available. Kaiser’s program goes far beyond in-house clinical work and encourages/requires us to think beyond the clinic walls. All of our talents and skills expected of clinical psychologists were tapped into- program evaluations (research), community engagement, clinical skills, assessment. It is truly a well-rounded program for those seeking additional training in a medical environment.”
- East Bay Consortium (Antioch, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton) Accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation American Psychological Association 750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 Phone: (202) 336-5979 / E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation
3454 Hillcrest Avenue
Antioch, CA 94531
Margot Green, Ph.D
Deborah Kaplan, Ph.D
Co-Training Program Director
Mary Anne Beach, PhD
Co-Training Program Director