West Bay Consortium (San Francisco, South San Francisco and Redwood City)
Redwood City lies on a peninsula on the northern edge of Silicon Valley, approximately 25 miles south of San Francisco. Redwood City is home to several global technology companies including Oracle, Electronic Arts (EA), and Evernote. Redwood City has a mild climate, moderated by the effects of the San Francisco Bay on the east and the Pacific Ocean just over the coastal range to the west.
Redwood City is the third largest city in the County of San Mateo, with 85,992 residents. The city enjoys an average of 255 sunny days a year, which boasts via the city slogan: “Climate Best by Government Test”. Incorporated in 1867, Redwood City is home to the San Mateo County History Museum and the only active deep-water port within the south bay of San Francisco.
The patient population includes Kaiser Permanente Health Plan members with prepaid psychiatric benefits. With the addition of The San Mateo County Partnership, our clientele also includes people who qualify for Medi-Cal. Our patients fall along a broad ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic spectrum. All age groups and virtually all psychiatric categories are represented. Kaiser Permanente Redwood City is the Neurosurgery Center for Northern California, so it offers the opportunity of treating individuals who might have psychiatric disorders in combination with neurological disorders.
Member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC)
We are dedicated to the resident’s training needs and goals. We focus on supporting and providing every opportunity to prepare the resident to become a confident and competent practicing psychologist by the end of the training year.
- We have hired majority of our postdoctoral residents since 2007 at Kaiser Redwood City.
- Many of our supervisors are former postdoctoral residents of Kaiser Redwood City.
Clinical Service Opportunities
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy (child resident and Eating Disorder/Adult team resident)
- Group therapy
- Psychoeducational Classes
- Psychological Consultation
- Psychological Testing
- Milieu treatment (three Intensive Outpatient Programs – IOPs) for managing acute concerns
- Consultation-Liaison Services
- Crisis/Walk-In Services
Eating Disorders Intensive Outpatient Program (EDIOP)
- Clinica Latina
- Teen Intensive Outpatient Program (Teen IOP)
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Program (Adult IOP)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Trauma Program
- ADHD Clinic
- Adult Team
- Child Team
- Addiction Medicine Recovery Services (Adult and Teen)
- Eating Disorders Intensive Outpatient Program
San Mateo is also located within the service area.
- Direct Patient Care (Individual/Group): 22 hours
- Non-Patient Care: 12 hours
- Individual Supervision: 2 hours
- Group Supervision: 2 hours
- Didactic Training: 2 hours
- Community Benefit Project: 32 hours per year
- Eating Disorder Treatment and Nutrition Myths
- End of Life Issues
- ADHD Across the Lifespan
- Psychotherapy Treatments for PTSD
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Identification and Treatment of Chemically Dependent Chronic Pain Patients
- Acupuncture for Physical and Emotional Pain
- Capacity Evaluations
|Adult Psychiatry (2 Positions)||Postdoctoral Residency||Adult||Redwood City|
|Addiction Medicine Recovery Service||Postdoctoral Residency||Addiction Medicine Recovery Services||Redwood City|
|Child and Adolescent Psychiatry||Postdoctoral Residency||Adolescent, Child||Redwood City|
“I grew tremendously as a clinician during my postdoctoral residency at Kaiser Permanente Redwood City. I had very little previous experience with group therapy, but by the end of my residency I felt that it had become one of my personal strengths as a clinician. The variety of specialty programs and therapy groups available at the clinic make it an ideal place to train, whether your goal is to develop a specialty, round out your competency as a generalist, or both. I am very grateful for the supportive and nurturing relationships I developed with my supervisors and other clinical staff, which helped me grow as a clinician by providing a space for me to safely face my own vulnerabilities and growth edges.”
“I really enjoyed my postdoctoral residency at Kaiser Redwood City. The variety of patients that present to Kaiser created an excellent opportunity for my last year of training. The supervisors and staff at Redwood City are incredibly competent, warm and professional. The expectations for the postdoctoral training year (individual and group therapy, assessment, community project, research project, etc.) allowed me to continue to grow as a clinician in many ways throughout the year, with a focus on professional development.”
- West Bay Consortium Accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)
- *Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation American Psychological Association 750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 Phone: (202) 336-5979 / E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation
1400 Veterans Blvd
Redwood City, CA 94063
Aaron Trinh, Psy.D
Weiling Liu, Ph.D
Training Program Director