South Bay Consortium (San Jose and Santa Clara)
The San Francisco Bay Area is a geographically and ethnically diverse area with amazing natural resources, incredible intellectual resources, and dynamic human resources. The South Bay Consortium is located in the heart of the Silicon Valley – home to many leading tech giants, such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Twitter, Intel, Uber, Netflix, eBay, LinkedIn, and YouTube and a remarkable culture of technology and service industry start-ups.
The Bay Area coastline is considered one of the most striking in its natural beauty in the world and you are never more than 2 hours away from sun, ocean, mountains, or the snow. The Bay Area is home to the fifth largest metropolitan populations in the United States and has many remarkable cultural, ethnic, and minority communities that provide this area with its unique blend of diverse cultural and social attractions, including festivals, museums, top-rated restaurants, wineries, and sport events. The Bay Area has a mild year-round weather perfect for any type of outdoor recreation, including surfing, skiing, biking, and hiking.
South Bay Consortium Santa Clara Homestead Site is located near the Kaiser Santa Clara Medical Center established in 1984, as one of the first Regional Kaiser Medical Center facilities in the Bay Area. The Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center provides high quality medical and psychiatric health care to nearly 300,000 members in Northern California. More than 485 physicians and 4300 staff members service our members with satellite clinics in Campbell, Milpitas, and Mountain View.
The South Bay Consortium training team is highly dedicated to making your postdoctoral year full of challenging and rewarding training opportunities. Our integrated team is comprised of seasoned professionals who will help you explore your professional career goals and find unique training experiences to fit your growth needs. We are incredibly fortunate to be positioned in the heart of the Silicon Valley where technology blends into the ever-changing world of human interactions and we look upon our postdoctoral residents to build careers that meet the demands of this fast paced, fun, and inspiring environment. Our postdoctoral program has been continuously accredited since 2007 and just received a 10-year reaccreditation status, building on a tradition of quality and depth of training. Come join the South Bay Consortium Psychology Postdoctoral Training Program to learn advanced profession-wide competencies in psychology and feel competent to function effectively as a professional psychologist in this exciting integrated health care delivery system.
We seek energetic and enthusiastic psychology residents who enjoy working in a culturally and clinically diverse environment and are open to learning integrated healthcare model. If you can balance the requirements of working in closely aligned teams with strong ethics for independent consistent clinical work, you will thrive in this challenging and inspiring clinic setting. Our selection process will take into account breadth and quality of your previous training experience with a particular emphasis on personal and professional maturity, thoughtfulness of your expressed career goals, and flexibility in your training needs.
- Incredibly diverse patient population
- Open-door welcoming clinic atmosphere
- Adult, Child & Adolescent, and Addiction Psychiatry located in the same building – easy to visit and learn!
- License preparation support and financial reimbursement
Clinical Service Opportunities
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Psychoeducational Classes
- Psychological Consultations
- Interdisciplinary Case Consultations
- Psychological Testing
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Trauma Informed Treatment Rotation
- Integrated Health Psychology (Behavioral Medicine)
- Addiction Medicine and Recovery Services
- Sleep Disorders Behavioral Treatment
- Santa Clara Adult Psychiatry (APY)
- Santa Clara Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (CPY)
- Santa Clara Addiction Medicine Recovery Services (AMRS)
- Milpitas Behavioral Medicine (BMS)
Other Clinics within Service Area
- Milpitas Adult and Child Psychiatry
- Campbell Adult and Child Psychiatry
- Mountain View Adult and Child Psychiatry
- Direct Patient Care: 20 hours
- Indirect Patient Care: 10 hours
- Individual Supervision: 2 hours
- Group Supervision: 2 hours
- Didactic Training: 2 hours
- Resident Social Hour: 1 hour
- Program Evaluation Project: 1 hour
- Community Benefit Project: 1 hour
- License Prep: 1 hour
Weekly Didactic Trainings present a unique opportunity to learn from a variety of practicing professionals and improve your clinical skills in the following areas:
- Risk Assessment in Adults and Children
- Adolescent Chemical Dependency
- ASD and Developmental Disabilities
- Working with Oppositional/Defiant Teens and Their Parents
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Clients
- Treating Self-Injury
- Treating Trauma and Anxiety Disorders
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Across the Lifespan
- Treating Sleep Disorders
- Feedback Informed Care Model of Treatment
|Adult Psychiatry (2 Positions)||Postdoctoral Residency||Adult||Santa Clara|
|Adult Behavioral Medicine Embedded (2 Positions)||Postdoctoral Residency||Adult, Behavioral Medicine||Santa Clara|
|Pediatric Behavioral Medicine Embedded (2 Positions)||Postdoctoral Residency||Pediatric BMS||Santa Clara|
The postdoctoral residency at Kaiser South Bay Consortium (San Jose/Santa Clara) was a great fit for me. There was enough structure to provide both breadth and depth of clinical experiences with flexibility to customize your training as needed/indicated (e.g., choice of groups to co-facilitate, choice of community outreach, etc.). The supervisors and colleagues were very welcoming, encouraging, and supportive. One of the best aspects of the training was the opportunity to provide assessment and intervention services to diverse populations and presenting issues. The training is developmental, so I had the chance to contribute to more complex cases over time. I chose to stay on as a staff psychologist at Kaiser largely due to the amazing residency training and seeing that I can make meaningful impact.
Former Postdoctoral Resident/Current Employee, South Bay Consortium
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Kaiser South Bay Consortium. The supervisors are genuinely interested in helping us grow as clinicians, and want to see us success and become full-fledged, licensed psychologist. Supervision and training time are prioritized, and we were provided with time and resources to study for licensing exams and work toward our license. I felt like a valued member of the training staff and was able to learn from dedicated and well-trained faculty.
Postdoctoral Resident, South Bay Consortium
- South Bay Consortium Accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation American Psychological Association 750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 Phone: (202) 336-5979 / E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation
Member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC)
19000 Homestead Rd., Bldg. 2
Cupertino, CA 95014
Consortium and Training Director & Clinical Manager