Multicultural humility is the lens through which the competency areas of clinical supervision will be addressed. Emphasis is on enhancing competence in telesupervision and telehealth through identifying best practices, providing constructive feedback, balancing hierarchy with collaboration, infusing metacompetence, respectful discourse, and ongoing feedback and enhancing supervision in an episode-of-care model.
- A focus on telehealth considerations in supervision
- Strategies for providing meaningful constructive feedback to trainees
- Cultural considerations in supervision
- Conducting supervision in an episode-of-care model
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe three ways cultural humility is manifest in development of the supervisory relationship
- Apply two components of competency-based supervision that enhance multicultural acumen
- Define three aspects of tele supervision that are associated with efficacy
- Describe two components of effective constructive feedback to trainees
Licensed mental health professionals employed through Kaiser Permanente and psychological assistants performing under supervision of a licensed psychologist.
This CE program is free to Kaiser Permanente employees.
Continuing Education Information
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Mental Health Training Program is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists. The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Mental Health Training Program maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Refund and Attendance Policy
All programs offered on KP Learn for CE credit through the KP Northern California Mental Health Training website are free of charge to Kaiser Permanente Staff and trainees. Once a course is selected in the KP NCAL MH Training Website, the registration process begins, and it will appear in the individuals KP Learn profile for completion within 90 days.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Those who attend the program in full and complete the appropriate evaluation form will receive CE credits. Please note that credit will only be granted to those who attend the entire program. An attestation of attendance will be given once the individual has completed viewing the program, which will then initiate the final steps of completing the evaluation forms to receive a certificate of completion.